© 2020 Diesel Hemp All rights reserved
How to make Weed Brownies using Infused Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup of cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare the Weed Brownie Mix:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another large bowl, beat the cannabis-infused coconut oil, white sugar, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and eggs until the mixture is fluffy and light. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake the Weed Brownies:
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs, about 35 to 40 minutes.
What is the best cannabis-infused coconut oil?
The best cannabis infused coconut oil is infused with live rosin cannabis oil. The next best would be cannabis coconut oil infused with live resin then CO2 oil would be third.
What’s the serving size for weed brownies?
This largely depends on the potency of your cannabis-infused coconut oil. As a general rule, start with a small piece and wait at least an hour to see how it affects you before having more.
How long do weed brownies stay good?
When properly stored in an airtight container, pot brownies can stay fresh for up to a week at room temperature. For longer storage, they can be frozen and thawed as needed.
How do I ensure even distribution of cannabis in the weed brownies?
The key to even distribution is properly mixing your cannabis-infused coconut oil with your sugars and other wet ingredients. This ensures that the active ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the mixture before you add in the dry ingredients.
Why use cannabis-infused coconut oil?
Coconut oil has a high fat content EFAs (essential fatty acids), which is beneficial for two reasons. Firstly, THC, the active compound in cannabis, is fat-soluble, meaning it binds to fats. Secondly, the fats help with the absorption of THC in your body.
How long does it take for weed brownies to kick in?
Edibles like pot brownies usually take longer to kick in compared to smoking or vaping. On average, they can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. This can vary based on factors such as your metabolism, how much food is already in your stomach, and the potency of the brownies.
How long do the effects of weed brownies last?
The effects of pot brownies can last for several hours, typically 4-6 hours, but can last even longer in some cases. Remember, the effects can be quite intense and different from other methods of consumption, especially if you consume a lot.
What happens if I eat too much of a weed brownie?
Consuming too much can lead to uncomfortable effects, including paranoia, anxiety, and extreme sedation. If you find yourself in this situation, it’s important to stay calm and remember that the effects will eventually pass. You might want to find a quiet, comfortable place to relax. Hydrate and try to sleep it off if possible.
Can I freeze weed brownies?
Yes, you can freeze pot brownies if you want to extend their shelf life. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. When you’re ready to consume one, let it thaw at room temperature.
Can I make weed brownies with CBD oil instead of THC?
Yes, you can replace the THC-infused oil with CBD oil if you prefer. This will make your brownies non-psychoactive, while still providing the potential health benefits of CBD.
How can I control the potency of my weed brownies?
The potency of your brownies will largely depend on the potency of the cannabis-infused oil you use. If you’re new to edibles or prefer a less potent effect, use less cannabis when making your oil or mix regular oil with your cannabis-infused oil.
Can I get a DUI for driving after eating a weed brownie?
Yes, driving under the influence of marijuana is illegal and you can be charged with a DUI. Always arrange for a designated driver or another form of transportation if you plan to consume cannabis.